System - Modelling of a Human Being?
As I am writing this blog, I would like to say that this is entirely in the realm of philosophy and science.
Let's begin. As systems go we might have various classifications for the systems. I dont intend to dwelve on the details of it. But what I intend to do is treat Humans as just another system. This might seem entirely impossible for some. Their reaction would be that we are living beings; dynamic, with a mind of our own. I do agree that its difficult at this juncture to completely explain the complex character of ones mind fully.
Just like any other system human beings could be modelled by using sufficiently advanced models and modelling techniques. What we usually neglect as random behaviour is usually because we dont know what's causing it. All those who have studied statistics would know that we would try to find a correlation in the different parameters of a system to find a meaningful relation in the parameters. What this translates into is maybe we could synthesize a model which would be able to show the behaviour of the particular human on which its modelled.
Coming to this modelling of humans, I mean mathematically, we will have to set certain parameters. These parameters could be infinite if we go into detail as is any systems for that matter. So we will just consider certain important aspects only. That's their response time. This includes both mental and physical,and the type of response involved. What is critical for a successful prediction of human behaviour ,atleast to some extent , is that we need to consider the environment in which he is living. This makes the task which was already extremely complex more so. So the environment really translates into the mental state of the system (human). The mental states are characterised by both instantaneous and long term.
Here long term mental state means how you are optimistic, pessimistic etc. to name some. Optimistic just means that those inputs which do have an outside chance of unsettling thr balance of the system is not viewed with as much concern as in a pessimistic system. Yes, they are relative. Pessimist for some one can be optimist for some other. It also depends on the change in the global environment. Here 'Global' term is used to denote the sum whole of all the env this system comes in contact with. Thus certain parameters can be set. Besides similarly a different set is about emotions. Which is are sets of decision mechanisms implemented. Where the outward effects are smiling crying etc.
The most important characterstic of a living being is its learnability which translates if good enough into adaptability. It would be the most difficult to implement if all others are ever implemented. The only outside chance I believe exist is using extremely efficient artificial neural nets or analog nueral nets. Thus we would have created a some kind of a model of a system. If we are able to update this modelregularly we might be able to obtain behaviour of the model to be consistent with one which is modelled.
Its just because that it was a terrific Idea that I posted it. I know lotta this stuff might be boring.
so said frantic the in(s)ane one @ Thursday, September 08, 2005
7 comments
1 comment:
Hello,
What a great blog you have.. I found the stuff on this blog very
useful and don�t know what I�d do without you!!
Truly yours,
awe-inspiring
Post a Comment