Thursday, December 22, 2005

A Tag

Got tagged by Auster. Here are the ten goody two shoes commandments and how I differ…

10. Thou shall study your lessons daily and go to the best tuition centre in the town.

9. Thou shall listen to melodious Mallu and Hindi music. Your taste may go up to the extent of listening to pop songs like that of Westlife, BSB etc and like the songs liked by your peers. Hardrock and Metal are strict no-nos.

8. Thou shall see good mallu movies and hindi movies. Only the hyped up english movies shall be seen.

7. Sports and games are essential only in theory. Thou shall take part in it at your free time and your vacation.

6. Reading is a good habit. Only if you score a lot of marks in your studies and you have set aside some time for reading. Thou shall read only goody goody books or the hyped books in the media like Harry Potter.

5. Thou shall respect your teachers and follow every word they say and write notes and complete your assignments before everybody else.

4. Thou shall not swear and berate others. No drinking and smoking.

3. Thou shall follow your parents wishes and their fantasies.Thou shall study hard and score 90+ in Xth, 85+ in XIIth and 80+ for graduation.

2. Your aim should be to do well in entrance exams and get into Medical College or CET. Then the ultimate aim should be to get through your campus placements and secure a job. Write CAT as part of a fad.

1. Thou shall not fall in love. If you do make sure the girl is your caste, not poor etc. Marry a girl of the parents' choosing and have kids. Then the raise the kids on the above principles.

How do I measure up?

10. I never study daily. I hate tuitions.

9. I like classic Mallu and Hindi music. Boybands and girly pop are a no-no. Industrial rock, techno, and Kitaro seems to be my flavour these days.

8 . I don’t see Mallu/Hindi movies. Am on a rigorous diet of good English/Japanese movies.

7. PC games are my daily cup of tea. I like watching sports(other than cricket), from a safe distance.

6. I love reading. I don’t like reading as a part of my studies though. I have read the 1st Harry Potter book and am still confused about why the world was hooked to the rest.

5. I have had the same single notebook for the last two semesters. I rest my case. And, I am a very fast copy-writer when it comes to assignments.

4. No drinking and smoking. Swearing is rare. I don’t get that upset easily.

3. To hell with wishes and fantasies. My life is mine. But, have done the goody two shoes bit for the 10th and 12th.

2. Been there, done that.

1. No one can predict the future.

My semester exams start from tomorrow. Might take a break cos of that...

so said -Poison- the in(s)ane one @ Monday, November 28, 2005

15 comments