The Guardian Angel
People say that unloading your mind’s burdens to a stranger is the best cure for your mental angst. I, for one, know what mental angst is. It is a constant companion. I remember the dark chapters of my life quite often. Depressive spells usually follow.
I had an accident today. I lost control of my bike and am quite lucky to be alive, so to say. The fall triggered something in my brain. I was suddenly in analyse-the-past mood. About the things I have messed up in my life.
Some people say that they would not change a thing if they had a second chance at life. If I ever had such an opportunity, I would erase my life and rewrite the Book of Poison.
I was in a devilish mood, listening to an endless playlist. The filth of life was floating around me. Skeletons were staring at me from all angles. They were all live beings. Walking out of their closets, flaunting their presence. The nerves grew numb.
I have a mask. I am not what you think I am. I am a person whom even I detest. I am a devil. I spread misery and hurt. Things are past redemption.
Seeing this, an angel was perturbed and she came down from her pristine abode to see the mortal’s present plight. The man was turning into a devil. Could anything be salvaged from his carcass?
The devil ranted. The dark chapters flowed like a river of clotting blood. The seraph did not turn away in disgust. She had an amazing patience and listen to him, she did. The devil soon lost the fire in him. The man was surprised to see the nature of the information transfer which had occurred while he was dormant.
He was ashamed. He cried. He hid his face in his hands, lest any one glance at him. He was broken and alone. She talked to him. The matter was irrelevant. He felt a strange peace. The angel spread her gossamer wings and flew back to the greatest heights of heaven.
The angel accepted the existence of the devil and did not give him the treatment which he had deserved. The devil was confused. The road to hell was still in front of him. He stopped traveling to his destination, where a fiery hearth awaited him.
The battle against sleep was beginning. Death is but eternal sleep, so they say. Is it?
so said -Poison- the in(s)ane one @ Friday, September 09, 2005
27 comments
No comments:
Post a Comment