Thursday, December 22, 2005

The mad one got lucky!!!

Some days ago, I had deleted my blog; this blog, the blog of in(S)anity, in an amused fit. I have felt regretful about this for a few minutes after I had deleted it. I thought it was time to move on. Still, something inside me cried out loud that nothing can replace the original words. Yet, it was impossible to do so.

Tonight, fortune favored me. I searched for my old posts on Google and was surprised to see that the snapshots of the old blog was still in Google Cache. Memories from May to December, recreated, republished, thanks to Google. I am afraid that I couldn't retrieve all the wonderful comments, received by the posts. Its a pity. Some were magnificent..

And the event which had triggered this search was an instant message...
divya hv (12/22/2005 12:24:47 AM): damn........a google search of insane mind doesnt show ur page!

And suddenly, I wanted to see if Google had no record of my old blog.

I am deliriously happy right now. I have published approximately 55 posts in the span of about an hour. I can't find words to express my feelings. Its like the return of the prodigal son. I, being the prodigal one. Not the blog.

I love you.........Google..........

25 comments:

venus said...

Google Rulz!

kickassso said...

duttan mite have yr posts cached in his feedreader

mine went bust recently... had to reinstall:(

-Poison- said...

@ venus -
it does!!! it does!!!

@ kickassso -
no problemo! google cache had it ALL!

Camphor said...

:D

Good, I'd thought you were nuts to delete the blog, expecially with all the input you got from people in the comments section.
Personally, that's the reason why I will NEVER do that. There is a reason why I created the blog...

If ever I want to delete, well, I have a few "hidden" blogs that don't show on my profile that I can push the button on when I'm feeling trigger happy. :)

silverine said...

No harm done at the end of the day! All thanks to Google :)

-Poison- said...

@ camphor -
i was nuts! heck, i am nuts!!! good thing that u keep secret blogs exclusively for satisfying the urge of deletion... ;)
and yeah...the comments are mostly difficult to post, since they can be made only as a post..which will make another 55 posts :D


@ svid -
euphoric, i was!!! O:-D thanks! treato? :-S

@ silverine -
exactly! thank god for google! if theres a god, ie.. maybe google is god..
;)

aravind said...

Think about how bad Google server management is in one angle and how good its from another one. :D

Data recovery becomes so much more easier. Hey how do these guys have so much space?

Between My blog would be deleted after College. May be I will start a new one. But the present one surely will go :D

Sujith said...

sorry if i'm rude, but dont u think deleting a blog after reading a book and then repenting abt it and putting it back are kinda childish :-)

jedi said...

miracles of technology.. n anyday if i go thru the same fit of craziness, i know where to search

Anonymous said...

its like jigsaw puzzles. when we ve done, we have that itch to make them scattered and restart.(^o^)v
Google is a great idea!!
i might do that too. thanks a lottt

-Poison- said...

@ aravind -
'tis a good thing that they can afford it :)
heh! ur blog will take a long time to die, even after u delete it thanks to google and its ilk.

@ jithu -
i would say that life would be too serious and too boring from the day the child in your mind is gone :)
and dont ya grow up completely into a serious old man...enjoy while we can!

@ jedi -
exactly...the funny thing is, it will be very hard to take away something from the net, due to snapshooting like the thing done by google. this might lead to an information superpower taking over the world ;)

-Poison- said...

@ niki chan -
yea! it is indeed a jigsaw puzzle! nice analogy!!!

kickassso said...

google is GODLIKE^:)^

-Poison- said...

@ kickassso -
beyond godlike....it wicked sick! >:)

lost optimist..^!^ said...

wow!! im so happy for u!! google is the best!:)

Mridula said...

Poison, I am going on vacation, so I hope to find your blog intach when I come back. Take care and a happy new year to you.

Anonymous said...

awwww~ thanks poi-chan!!!! :-)

Mirage said...

Google must be good...it made ya smile! :)

-Poison- said...

@ ayvid -
hehe!! ;))

@ lost optimist..^!^ -
thank u! :)

@ mridula -
have a good time! and abt finding the blog intact..:D who knws if blogger/google crashes and destroys all blogs!!!

@ niki chan-
>:D<

@ mirage -
yea! it did.. :)

hope and love said...

great..!! i fell so happy for u..! merry christmas..!!

Devilish Angel said...

Good to know you got your posts back...

-Poison- said...

@ hope n luv -
>:D< a merry xmas to u too doc!

@ vanathi -
thanks! :)

Ranjit said...

Hey Poison, Glad to hear that you managed to get back your blog. Have to mention one thing though. I was in the exact same situation a couple of months back, but I managed to get back my posts using search engine cache. I even posted about my ordeal like you did, with almost the very same words!! (Very odd). Anyway, take care of yourself and your blog! :)


P.S: I even set up another blog for bloggers trying to recover deleted blogs. It is at Undelete My Blog Project. Do check it out!

-Poison- said...

@ rankwil -
brothah!!! >:D< i checked ur posts just now! if only i had seen this sometime ago :D

Anonymous said...

welcom back !!!