Sunday, January 22, 2006

I wonder...

The night air felt so cool. The windows were already fogged. As I ran my fingers over the cold glass they left glistening wet streaks on the unfeeling surface. I opened the door and walked outside. I felt the wind rolling past my body.


The skies were clear that night. Not a single cloud in that vast vista. The stars were shining bright, twinkling relentlessly. Somehow, thoughts of my school days started pervading my mind. Those physics classes, where I'd learnt about mirages and twinkling stars, my old friends and teachers, all were flashing past me in a torrent of remembrances.

The stars were still shining. Twinkling with hope. Or, so I hoped. Some of those would be distant suns, sustaining life in their planets. Maybe some living being somewhere was staring at my sun, at this very same moment. How wonderful would it be for these minds to be able to contact each other.

Here I was, an abysmally small unit of the universe, speculating about it. I wonder whether the cells in my body ever have such thoughts. Perhaps, even every quark has the ability to think. When my life is over, I wonder what is going to happen to me.

My physical existence as a living being would cease and I would disintegrate into simpler particles. I wonder whether I have a soul which would be sustained. If the answer to that question is a yes, where would my soul go. Would it go into another living being, or to heaven or to hell. Or would it cease to exist as well.

Sometimes I wish I knew the amount of time I have left for being alive. Having a deadline has always done me a lot of good. It would make me utilise this chance at life I have and probably appreciate it. I wonder...

15 comments:

Keshi said...

U write amazingly Poison! I have the exact thoughts in my head but wouldnt be able to write it out this cleverly...wonderful job there!


**I wonder whether I have a soul which would be sustained.

I always thought of that...infact I came up with a similar post recently but havent published it yet. I so want to know too but I guess we will never know until we die :( and dead men dun tell stories...what a sad situation we r in ha?


Keshi.

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

Hi !

Starting from the bottom :

1. Did u draw the question mark. ? if yes , is that the pattern in ur head ?
Bad PJ , puleez dont reply ;)))

2. I love the song " eye of the Tiger " ... listen to it often :))
Therez something abt that song , dont know what it is actually.
Thanx a lot for the lyrics :)

3. Love the red and blue pattern - striking !!
i miss being a small girl
i miss being cheerful
i miss living w/out a care in the world
:)

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

if we knew the amt of time we had to on earth , we would live free , i guess

-Poison- said...

@ rosefur -
thanks! :)

@ keshi -
sad situation indeed! if only we could get some insider info abt what happens beyond life...somehw i have this feeling tht we wont get the answer to that until we pass through the threshold ourselves...

@ deepa -
1 i did draw the question mark..i was that bored, y'see! :))
2 there is an x factor kinda thing abt tht song..cant pin it down to specifics :)
3 ;)) well...the red and blue was an accidental discovery! and yes, u can still be cheerful, u can still live without a care in the world, and u can still be a little girl at heart..but people would either think you're a saint or a looney!thats the problm tht we face :(

and i am very sure that we would be more motivated towards life itself if we knew when it was going to end..in a sense, living free...

@ neetika -
thanks! i was a science student. :)
now stuck in an engg rut!

hope and love said...

beautiful.. !
watching the night sky is a fav hobby of mine..

Anonymous said...

"Sometimes I wish I knew the amount of time I have left for being alive. Having a deadline has always done me a lot of good. It would make me utilise this chance at life I have and probably appreciate it. I wonder..."
This shows u appreciate life more than most do........go on enjoy it....live each moment......coz sometimes in a simple moment u might find ur answers......:-)

Anonymous said...

oh tat came as anonymous.
then let it be,can u guess who this is?
:-)

silverine said...

Sometimes I wish .... probably appreciate it. I wonder.

You are an amazingly mature thinker and writer. And that last line says a lot. None of us know how much time we have so that we make the best use of everyday I guess.

Invincible said...

hey, u had put up a post on 'life, 2 points, birth n death, the purpose of life' etc.
Have u discovered the truth of life yet?

Invincible said...

& yes, beautifully written !!

Keshi said...

yup...we wont know until we r gone....

Keshi.

Incognito said...

"Sometimes I wish I knew .. I wonder..."

Refreshing read. Maybe yes. We would treasure time and people more.

-Poison- said...

@ hope and love -
the night sky is so beautiful! the sky is more alive at night.

@ anonymous -
trying hard .. hard .. hard!!! to enjoy life, ie. and of course, to gain more awareness about it.
umm.. :-s is that u mags..
:-ss

@ rosefur -
my conclusions and analyses might not always(make that never, one 2nd thots ;) ) encompass all the dimensions. i now believe that it helps to get others opinions, since it improves my awareness. when i am really sure of something, i usually don't care about what others are going to say. at other times, i am open to opinions. :)

@ silverine -
the funny thing is we always manage to fail to appreciate life most of the time!

@ invincible -
man! the day i find that, i will be dead!!!(probably) ;)

@ alexis leon -
:) thank u!

@ keshi -
who knows. maybe the concept of 'I' will vanish after life..

@ incognito -
definitely! we do take too many things for granted.

@ neetika -
done!

Anonymous said...

ur the coolest blogger..;)

-Poison- said...

@ niki chan -
>:D< hugzz!