Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Snarky

Got described as 'snarky' the other day! And to my horror, I didn't know its meaning. I have a fairly good idea of how good or bad I am in most things, or at least I like to think that I do. For example, yesterday night I spent a lot of time with Godel Escher Bach and then fell back to the familiar realm of Google and YouTube in order to figure out what a fugue is, before finally accepting that my intellectual capacity is not sufficient to digest what the book has to offer.

That extended to my not knowing what 'snarky' was. I had to use WordWeb at office to figure out what it meant. To me, that was something embarrassing. Well, Tennyson's Ullyses was right -


Yet all experience is an arch wherthrough
Gleams that untraveled world whose margin fades
Forever and forever when I move.


Note to self - Be less snarky!

No comments: