Today is a Monday. The clock is at 11:46pm. I need to finish this post off before midnight, before Tuesday dawns. This post is spawned from a request from an old friend, who reminded me that this website still exists.
Well, today was Monday. It was a tiring day. Tired of convincing strangers that their software systems are at fault. Tired of reviewing an endless stream of technical documentation. Tired of talking about the same things with the same people. Tired, in general.
Been travelling a bit these days. Went driving to Bhutan and back. Took a car from Bhopal to Chennai. And many other forgettable trips. Travel frees me. When it is on the road. When someone I trust, is driving, or when someone who trusts my driving is around when I drive. On long and strange stretches of tarmac and dirt.
I need to travel. It is my drug. One of them. When I am on the verge of a meltdown, travel springs up from nowhere. Like a random gesture, playing the role of a safety valve. I am grateful for that.
There are certain times in life when all you want to do is comfort the person next to you, who is going through pain. And you can't. It's just another Monday. Just like the ones before it. Blue. I have 8 more minutes. It is still only 11:52pm. I didn't think I would run out of words so fast.
It is partly due to the job. The place where I endorse brevity and disparage verbiage. All terse and bulleted. Words which are distilled and shot in emails. To an audience who might just delete them without a second glance. Not looking at the words which make an attempt to reach out, to connect. To be human.
Language is a wonderful thing. Someone close to me once said that I feel words. Sometimes I do. At times I even feel I am being manipulated by this misgiving of mine. Words move me. Music does it too. But words hold more sway over my soul. So far.
This can change. Everything changes. People, places, things, theories. Just waiting to be devoured and digested by time. To be metamorphosed into something new. Or it might just be history repeating itself. Its 11:57pm now.
I am a bit ashamed right now. I have said a bit about nothing for the sake of writing a post in a dead blog. To fill this space with words. To be done with them by midnight. Well. I think that's one accomplishment in this otherwise futile day. Fare well.
Monday, February 18, 2013
On travel, Monday and other things
So said
-Poison-
sometime around
2/18/2013 11:58:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment