Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pearls before Swine

I got introduced to Pearls before Swine in a newspaper back when I was working in Mumbai. My memory has gone so bad now that I don't even know which newspaper it was. I grew to like the Rat, the Goat, the Pig, the Zebra, the Crocs and the Guard Duck. I miss that strip.

I don't know if you know about Matthew 7:6. If you don't, that's probably where the expression came from. 

Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.


This has deep meaning. I didn't know that back then. Life and its experiences slowly makes one understand that scriptures too make sense. One must learn to not cast pearls before swine. It is a vain exercise. One's time is wasted, and swine none the less wiser.

No comments: