Monday, February 15, 2010

Human infestation

The dreams are growing in their range of variety these days. I dreamt of accidentally breaking a friend's guitar, and the subsequent botched attempts to fix it, and the ultimate despair.

Jackie boy and Brownie are not seen these days. I wonder if Jackie's head injury became septic. I hope that Brownie's not been taken away by the dog catchers of Chennai Corporation. The dog catchers are a tough lot.

They leap out of their yellow Tempo with nothing but ropes in their hands and start snaring them dogs. And the dogs. They are shit scared of these men in khaki shorts. They seem to prefer flight to fight. I guess I would do the same, had I been a dog.

Maybe there's a parallel universe where canines are dominant species and humans are the 'dogs'. Imagine a bunch of Doberman Pinschers in khaki jumping out of the Chennai Corporation Tempo with ropes in their mouth, on a mission to purge the human infestation.

I like the term - Human Infestation. Isn't that what's really happening?

No comments: