Saturday, February 23, 2008

Lady in the Water


This is one movie that the critics have butchered. What you see below are the comments from some top critics at RottenTomatoes.

Victoria Alexander:
Its official now. The Sixth Sense was a fluke. Shyamalan pompously gives himself the role of 'The Intellectual Future Christ.'

Angela Baldassarre:
The saddest thing about "Lady in the Water" is that it's more than just a bad movie. It's a career-destroying act of vanity by its director

Boo Allen:
Embarrassing. Stupid. Incomprehensible. A mess. Absurd. Fake.

Ethan Alter:
It's finally happened--M. Night Shyamalan has lost his damn fool mind.


I haven't liked Shyamalan's movies very much. I watched Sixth Sense with anticipation and was disappointed. Unbreakable was bearable. The Village was not even bearable.

With such a track record between us, I didn't have the inclination to check out the lady at all. Today, I was so jobless that I did dare to give it a try.

It is a decent fantasy movie. It has its faults. But it is an eminently watchable movie, which does not deserve the trouncing it has received from the critics. Poor guy. Good movie. I have lost my faith in the critics. Buggers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has been ages since I watched a move ... can't even remember which was the last probably the latest Harry Potter movie was my last. Ah have to head to the cinemas soon.

-Poison- said...

:) happy watching! cinema's a therapy for me. am just back in from watchin another one - We own the night.

Incognito said...

I never read reviews before watching the movie. I've lost faith in critics long time ago. I dont think they exactly know the difficulty in film making. Plus, they get free seating to watch the film! They dont even purchase tickets.. hence sometimes the wrong audience in some way.

IF for once they wrrite a script or get involved in any of the process in film making, it'll be easier for them to understand it and a mutual respect would grow.