The days were looking rather bleak as 2008 rumbled on. I was tired of all the bad luck that I seem to be magnetically stuck with. Hence came the decision to check out something different every week. Couple of weeks back, it started with a play 'The Art' by Evam, which aroused my curiosity, if I may say, like Rochester, from 'The Libertine'. Felt that real people can be more profound that mere images.
Yesterday, I and Divya had a chance to check out 'The EarthSync Festival', in which Incognito was one of the main vocalists. It was a melange of unbelievably diverse musical styles. It was beautiful! Classical Indian from Incognito, Sufi music from three great old men, two Buddhist monks chanting mystic lines, a jugalbandhi with the flautist pitted against the violinist, Makudam players who operated in a trance. Not to mention two beautiful dancers whose motion was poetry. And awesome tunes too. The Laya project seems to be getting better and better!
Monday, February 18, 2008
Becoming civilized!
So said
-Poison-
sometime around
2/18/2008 10:32:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment