A powerless puppet, have I become, in the hands of Fate. It has been trampling me, in manners so diverse, over the last two months, that I have ceased to imagine what is lined up next, since my very limited thought processes can scarcely fathom its hidden agenda. The latest ‘blow’ came yesterday.
This is akin to the tides going only one way, not even feinting to return back. By virtue of probability, the wheel of fortune should rotate, at least a little bit in my favour now. The moon waxes and wanes. The days and nights regularly alternate, athough having different frequencies, at different longitudes.
The fortune favours the brave, I have heard. How about the stoic? The one, who bites his lips and bears whatever that fate throws at him, albeit with some initial chagrin. I guess, fate likes to toy around, till he breaks. It’s either that, or the frequency of reversal is very slow in my particular case.
I came upon ‘Amor fati’ in wiki, which seemed to have been Nietzche’s take on fate. I haven’t read much of him. I don’t know what he taught or thought.
“Amor fati is a Latin phrase that loosely translates to "love of fate" or "love of one's fate". It is used to describe an attitude in which one sees everything that happens in one's life, including suffering and loss, as good. That is, one feels that everything that happens is destiny's way of reaching its ultimate purpose, and so should be considered good. Moreover, it is characterized by an acceptance of the events that occur in one's life.”
So should one continue in apathy, and be a mute and patient spectator, or is there any difference at all, in trying to combat fate, however futile it is. But then again, if there was some method to know it was futile in reality, it would have simplified things a lot. Especially for someone who doesn’t give a care about the ultimate fate.
Update - My best buddy got his arm broken tonight in Pune. I am a bloody jinx.
Monday, May 7, 2007
Amor fati...hell
So said
-Poison-
sometime around
5/07/2007 05:27:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Genius! Sheer genius!
Brava, buddy, brava!
:( luck..
Post a Comment