![]()
The eye never disappears. It is always there. In its socket, right at the bottom of the door. The decaying wood forms a reluctant home to this emotionless monster. Its white is crisscrossed with throbbing rivulets of purple. That gives it a sinister look, I suppose. But if one looks into the eye, it is devoid of anything other than an insatiable curiosity. Its gaze follows me as I move around. I don’t like this feeling.
One night has passed. The eye is still at its job. Its eyelids untiring. I just noticed that its eyelids lacked lashes. I thought it to be peculiar. Why does it have any eyelids at all? It never blinks. I still didn’t give a damn. It continued its curious perch in the bottom frame of the door.
I can’t take it any more. I am going to kill the eye. I abused it verbally; it stared at me unflinching. I threw sand at it; it still mocked me. I thrust a rusty knife into it; the jelly oozed out of the wound, but it was mocking me still. Quite an iron will, it has.
Why the hell is the world going dark? Why are the lights flickering? Is it the dawn of the apocalypse? Probably not. I must be imagining things. Nothing is real, I say to myself quite often. Everything is a figment of my imagination. The eye refuses to vanish even though I command it. Hmm. I guess I am powerless over my imagination. It seems to have a will of its own.
Sadness is an animal emotion. It is sprinkled all over my dreams. I wake up feeling the weight of the world on my shoulders. But why? Why should I feel responsible for anything. I can’t even be responsible for myself, technically. Because of reductionism. The chat bot tells me that “Reductionism is the philosophy that all psychology reduces to biology, all biology to chemistry, chemistry to physics, and finally physics to mathematical logic. Therefore, according to reductionism, I can understand you by means of logic alone without having a human brain.”
Everything I do is because of the activities of the small particles that comprise me. They work according to a set of laws, most of which are still unknown to us. I don’t have free will. I can’t stop the eye from its unrelenting gaze. It refuses to dislodge from its nook, come hell or high water.
I wished that a tsunami would come and wipe out the door and the eye. It came and it went. But the door stood straight mocking at me, and the eye kept staring at me.
Thursday, March 9, 2006
Visions
So said
-Poison-
sometime around
3/09/2006 12:05:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
35 comments:
Gr8. Seriously. I like that passage.
I dont know how to tell it. Enchanted!.
:) its an old and recurring dream..
maybe get a contact for the eye or a monocle. perhaps it is having trouble with its vision and it needs some assistance. maybe then it would blink. ;)
haha!! gota try that the next time it pops up!
eye am getting crazy!
This is QUALITY mate! WOW what abrilliant piece depicting the inevitable gaze of the eye...
**I don’t have free will. I can’t stop the eye from its unrelenting gaze.
Loved the way u have expressed the fate that comes from Vision...too good Poison!
Keshi.
Hmmm ... awesome !
But i wish u wouldn't abuse the eye ( esp ur eye ) .... u never know when ur abusing is gonna turn into reality ... so take care ....
even if the eye does disappear , God's eye doesnt ... does it ?
gave me a chill down the spine..
:-O
@ kickasso -
8->
@ keshi -
:) to tell the truth, i am not sure what i had written about! so its urs to interpret..
@ alexis leon -
thanks. project's getting over soon! ;) we r stalling for time at the college. :-s the eye wud be there probably :-ss
@ deepa -
does God have an eye? ;;) not in the normal sense, cos he/she/it wud have a zillion eyes cos of all the stuff tht he/she/it needs to check up on.. :) if he/she/its omniscient, then...pfft goes free will :)
@ hope n luv -
:_) :_D
could u pls translate this to english and send it over to my id? :_)
going forward, do u mind restricting urself to english?
Shiva has 3 eyes ....
God has many eyes , but with respect to each one of us , He / She has only one eye !
@ geo -
payye thanney!!!!
;_)
@ deepa -
everything is relative then! even god? :)
poichan the eye is scary..lollll
skelton too!!!!
8-x
poor harmless me!
O:-)
my interpretation was that vision becomes our fate...
Keshi.
gosh! this was really good!! very well written. almost gothic!
:)
keep it up!
@ keshi chan -
i got it now :)
@ neetika -
not 'nose'..probably 'odours' and a pic of a big fat red nose :P tc!
@ illusion -
:) buena fortuna with ur tests and ur hectic schedules!
did you write this? you better copyright it ;) haha it has that underlying "do something!!" current in it. maybe inspriring is the word?
Hey u have read frued.....do some introspection.....figure out the dream and post a lotta crap abt tat!! :P
seriously..tats a chillin dream........
n this post is very well-written....very very well-written....
oh i am capable of only tat mucha praise!
TC n enjoy,
BYeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Divs
dude.. what eye !??!
ok..i'm prolly not as brilliant as these other peeps :P so i ask!
what stumped me was the "bottom of the door" thing.
at times I felt it was about the world beyond the door.. and the crack between the door and the floor being it's eye into your room.
nice style though :)
@ 3n6!n33|2 -
i am so flattered! i wrote this in a half asleep condition :D i thot it was bs :) danke!
@ divya -
freud is yet to be conquered :( chillin dream..tht it sure is!
surely ur capable of more praise!!! ;) ithonnum poraa!
@ eastmancolor -
:) dude! thing is i saw this eye in a door dream some 10 years ago. and on the day i wrote this post i had tht same (almost) dream again. funniest thing is i remembered! :D
YEs God is relative ... in the sense , each of us has a diff concept of God ... right ?
but the sense of God is not relative
yea..no one probably shares the same perspective on god.
what is the sense of god?
Everything we see and hear and feel ( including sense) is relative and subjective.
Anyway what I liked somuch about this was like presenting the mundane as exciting.
About the freud part, :D try to do that and most probably your vision will get scarier still :D.
i hope that would never happen with the leisurely pace that i am taking with herr freud.
new post plzz lol!
Keshi.
Creepy!
serious one!!...but good!
the fact that God exists
poichan
noooo skelton lolllll
Eye have to give it to you for this!
"I don’t have free will" A thought prevoking phrase.
An unflinching eye?
Is it because, it watches over you or it is afraid to be ruled over by you?
Sometimes, we keep tag on something, such that we can get ahead of it.
Very interesting post.
Eye am very proud of you :)
Actually, I got reminded of a short horror story about an eye. When I read this post, I wanted to provide you a link to the story..Only could not find it.
Will search for it and send u the link. I want you to read the post.
i checked that link out ...
what abt belief and luck then ?
you amaze me, you poisonous mind!
@ keshi -
hehehehe! i am lazy!
@ mridula -
;)
@ af -
thanks!
@ deepa -
:) to tell the truth i am not sure.
@ niki chan -
8-x
@ incognito -
plz do gimme the link! :)
i'd like to see that.
An unflinching eye?
might be cos it finds me interesting, like i look at goldfish in a bowl!
@ virginupdates -
thank you!
@ cecilia -
i oughta try a career in amazement ;)
Post a Comment