
I listened to this song some ten years back on a dirty cream-colored Fairmate stereo cassette player which had a raspy undertone to its output. All I knew was that the band's name was Hanson, and the tune settled down somewhere in the dusty nooks of my memories. Sad memories. It has been almost four years since the person who owned the player and I have talked to each other.
Very recently I happened to come across the song again, and of course, it triggered the awakening of a lot of allied memories. The lyrics now appeal to me asking for an answer to a fundamental question which we all face. And I had thought that this was just a hum-by song.
You have so many relationships in this life,
But only one or two will last.
You go through all the pain and strife,
Then you turn your back and they're gone so fast.
Oh yeah. And They're gone so fast. yeah
Oh, so hold on to the ones who really care,
In the end they'll be the only ones there.
When you get old and start losing your hair,
Can you tell me who will still care?
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Can you tell me who´ll still care
So said
-Poison-
sometime around
3/04/2008 12:39:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Strange how sometimes lyrics you just hummed mean something suddenly - and bham! you're hit on the back of the head with what they mean...
:)
the reply was send as an sms...
I'm glad I popped in at the right time. I needed those lyrics now.
Nice lyrics and I agree with Camphor.
GBU
Arti
@ camphor -
yup...the feelin when one finally figures it out is phenomenal.
@ divs -
:)
@ incognito -
ah. :) glad to know that they were of use!
@ arti -
gbu 2!
Post a Comment