Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Dream - 19-03-2007 -- 20-03-2007 night time - IST

I am seeing weirder dreams now. Yesterday, the background canvas was a backdrop of coconut palm trees, and there was a tarred road winding around those tall, green-topped sentinels.

A sari-clad lady with a grave countenance was guiding an alien machine towards the tarmac. It had many coach-like attachments at its rear. It was snaking its way to the road like a tame boa on a leash. I guess this was inspired by something similar that I had seen at Santa Cruz airport three days ago.

The scene suddenly went blank. Now I saw a rock face. Steep and unforgiving. A slight man was standing at the base, staring at the rock face. There were some unfamiliar boxes lying on the ground next to him. He picked up a box with seemingly relative ease, and opened it. Rather like opening a mouse trap.

He pressed the opening of the crate against the rock wall. There seemed to be a hole in that wall and a legion of eagles seemed to be scampering into the unfamiliar darkness of the hole. Quite a number of them, managed to escape during this unnatural transition. They flew up into the air, shrieking rebelliously at the uncaring cliff.

He systematically unloaded all the crates into the hole, and moved away. There was a sudden ruckus and all those brown eagles flew out in utter chaos. Their cries were pure agony to my ears.

The sounds started to fade as the eagles started becoming brown specks in the reddish sky. I could still hear a distinct call of agony from within the depths of the dark hole. I shifted my focus. There was a magnificent eagle writhing in agony, inside the cave. It had a white head and crimson feet; it was losing red blood. It was then that the man uttered these words – ‘The queen is dying. I shouldn’t have done that….I shouldn’t have killed her.’

6 comments:

Incognito said...

The whole illusion is psychedelic. Once I had a five headed hungry purple octopus each head trying to eat the other. Cant even analyse where those came from.

Anonymous said...

Scary, man.

And heylo... I'm not ignoring u. I sent a mail specifically stating why I mite not be able to call for a couple of weeks, didnt I? :-(

Anyways.. lets hope u have dream-less nights from now on...

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

Have u met a shrink as yet ?

Anonymous said...

i dont remember my dreams!!!!!! :((


btw soon-not-to-bepandi-all-over-again.....just wanted to type tat! :P

Aradhita said...

The only patch of my toda's dream which I seem to remember is that someone telling me : 'Do you want to hear the drums?'

I woke up feeling the answer in my head, yes I want to..

aravind said...

Lol... DREAMS!.I know not anymore. Maybe my dreams are becoming too real,but then again I might be living a dream.