There is a song that they play during Christian weddings in Hollywood movies. Peyy Peyy pe pe.. Peyy Peyy pe pe .. That's the same tune that I hear when the car which is parked downstairs moves in reverse.
Firecrackers mar the airs. The festival of lights Diwali has become a cracker fest over here. I've become so accustomed to hearing them over the past few days that I hardly give a second look when something goes boom. At this rate, I probably wouldn't recognize a bomb blast from a cracker blast. Ah..who cares.I am too apathetic anyway. Let them burn their boom crackers. To each his own.
Questions and crises are abound. I ought to be overwhelmed by them. Strangely, I feel insulated. I've my share of problems. Life was good for the past month. Was living it up like anything. Now troubles are aplenty. From almost every possible front. Yin Yang I guess. Maybe I am too shocked that I am in denial. I still act somewhat rationally, anyhow.
Purpose drives a man onward. I found my little goals and worked for them. Some for the heck of it, some with a strategy of sorts in mind. The funny thing is I don't know what the final purpose would be. The purpose of creating purposes. What would that be..
I am not a materialist in the complete sense. I sometimes tell my friends that I would rather live in some isolated Buddhist monastery, happily embracing their beliefs superficially at least. So that, I could be free from everything. My thoughts and beliefs may be at lockhorns with their's. But still that's a nice thought. Too large a dose of Discovery channel documentaries, I guess.
A gypsy is rooted to no place. He keeps moving. Maybe he is fleeing. Maybe he just wants to leave everything behind. Or for greener pastures. If he is looking for greener pastures, he would never settle down anywhere. No matter where he is, he would feel the urge to find something greener.
Is that ambition? Or is it just a self defined purpose, possibly fuelled by some unknown inborn nature. I read somewhere that there are two things that keep a man from progress - Fear and Laziness. Can someone be too lazy to be afraid? Does that make him a reverse moving cog in a forward moving human machine?
I am scribbling down this on a notepad. No idea why. For posterity's sake?! This notepad would probably not survive. I have more faith in the blogger servers.Why am I publishing this on a public site? Show off? Apathetic? A fool? Crazy, maybe. Maybe I am trying to reach out, just for communication's sake. Communication is a wonderful thing. Where would we be sans communication.
Anyway, this will form the starting point of the rest of my limited life. This post might cause a Butterfly effect on it. Self defeating or self fulfilling prophecies, maybe. Although I don't remember prophesying anything. I don't know if I am acting out a drama. Everything seems in place, in sync and pre-planned. Why?
Thursday, October 26, 2006
More Ramblings
So said
-Poison-
sometime around
10/26/2006 09:35:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
"I read somewhere that there are two things that keep a man from progress - Fear and Laziness"
but then again lol the old question comes whats progress. If being lazy is a progress in itself. I know its probably wrong still I would surely love to believe that :)
Ah i dont know what to type..
aah !
so back to being confused heh ?
@ aravind -
me too! :)
@ deepa -
yup...square one it is!
Wrote this on a hangover? :P
:)
thanks for dropping by at my dig.. :)
Can someone be too lazy to be afraid? Does that make him a reverse moving cog in a forward moving human machine?
Aaah....Delocious... :-)
Take care mate...
Parvathi
I meant Delicious.... :-)
"There is a song that they play during Christian weddings in Hollywood movies..."
How many Hindu weddings have you seen in a Hollywood movie ? ;)
Sorry... I knw... a real bad PJ...
Then ?
Rocking Mumbai?
when i heard from you "I envy u man", I realized that life's been a real bitch for u...
Its good that u are still fighting.
Hoping to play UT with u one day.
Chips are down, boss is livid, GF is b1tchin', toilet is leaking and all, eh? I used to find solace, meaning and all the answers in a huge dinner and inhuman amounts of chocolate.
So find you own "silver Bullet".... it varies with the person. I was a foodie/degenrate, a pal went into cliff-hanging, another found Zen like experience watching the patterns of the University fountain and so on....
Happy Hunting, dude!
You know. I love this post. I do not know why. Dont take me as a sadist, banking on other's emotions.
I love it for the fact that this is life. Doesnt it have its own pattern? Isnt it beautiful? (I think I 'm in too much of an optimistic paradise, forgive me if you think I'm blabbering)
For long times, I've been wishing to just pack my backpack and leave my home. jsut for one reason. That one day, I find my home the greenest pasture n return back to it.
If you start questioning the purpose of life, ah.. thats too intricate. Why we live. Why we meet. Why we are.
You know, the blogger says, choose an identity: incognito, other, anonymous or u can sign in as different user.
:)
Choice is what makes a man.
Ew! am I getting too philosophical or wht!
Next thing u know, am gonna have a halo around me!
:D take care.
oh plz dont go to the monastery, poichan!!!!
yeah we need communication on blog-o-sphere...
butterfly effect is a new word to me.. ^^
awww i hope ur feeling better now....
have a good sunday!!!!
"Everything seems in place, in sync and pre-planned. Why?"
This statement seemed so right.! but then.. i now feel probably its because you are thinking about the world as you think it is..
lol i am not pretty sure about that either now. aint sure about anything these days :D
the Peyy Peyy pe pe.. song is "Here comes the Bride..." :)
don't we all keep wandering, it's not just gypsy, we wander physically, mentally in search of something, something that we don't know what it is...!
wats up??? :)
@ rockus -
spot on! 10 points to AceRockus :D
@ divs-
:D
@ canary -
just hoppin around! :)
@ parvathi -
delicious?!! u tc 2! :)
@ geo -
bhayanakam..bheebalsam..marana pj ^:)^ mumbais rockin me!
@ overclocked fragger -
still fighting! dont know for whom, or why! :) i am soo out of touch with gaming now.. sigh
@ anand k -
silver bullet, eh? aye, guv'nor! will find one >:) i think its beer for me!
@ incognito -
greece had socrates! now madras has incognito! :)
coming to think of it, incognito and anonymous are almost the same! stupid blogger engine! cheers on having found ur greenest pasture!
@ niki chan -
why not niki chan?!!!monastery would be a peaceful place :D check out butterfly effect on wiki! tc!
@ aravind-
me neither bro! like the bard said, we are actors and the world is our stage!
@ venus-
Thank you!!!!! that qn was always itching in the back of my mind! :)
we are in search of something which we dont knw.i am sure that once we find it we will knw.nirvana for some, others for others!
@ niki chan -
lots of work :-< ergo i seldom visit blogger
Post a Comment