Chennai is a great city. Been here for just 2 months and already I love it. We had managed to get a nice apartment in the middle of city. Life was good. I was getting rooted to Chennai.
I started reading 'Future Shock' by Alwin Toffler some days ago. Its about how the pace of today's life is faster compared to olden times. I read about how a person gets rooted to somewhere, happy in its coccooned atmosphere. But today's world is apparently always on the move. People get shifted all over the world for various reasons, both professional and personal. I was having a ball reading about how the common man resists change when it stares at him in his face. We resist change inherently, he argued.
Two days after I started 'Future Shock', I got a shock; and it was about my future! I have to go to Mumbai this Saturday for my first assignment. I will probably be stationed at Mumbai for many months. Ah...Alwin Toeffler. I was half mad and half amused at his writings. Dammit...this was happening to me!!! LOL!
I was dazed at first, having to leave behind Chennai so fast. I had started to learn Tamil and had gotten used to the climate and the customs here. Now I have to start afresh...I am still resisting change.
Mumbai is apparently one of the best cities in India. I am looking forward to this( 'cos I have no option...boo hoo) ;-)
Adios dear Chennai...
Sunday, September 3, 2006
Bye bye dear Chennai...
So said
-Poison-
sometime around
9/03/2006 07:04:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
21 comments:
Jus 2 months? Thatz sad but then mumbai is a great place too except that the prices are dearer
dear, life changes in split second, not in months/years or even days. so be ready to embrace a change any time.
you'll love mumbai, believe me, it's a very happening city!
Carry on dude!
Thapori Poison Bhai! :P
@ serendipity -
yea! hopin to somehow survive :D
@ alexis -
thank u boss! i have a feeling tht i am going to need all the luck that i can get from all quarters!
@ venus -
:( yeah...i can accept change. but am always reluctant to accept it. :)
@ narus -
:-S paranju paranju avasanam enikk supari idalle :D
Goodbye Chennai Hello Mumbai? Cool :) Good luck and keep us posted on ur trips.
Keshi.
ull do great shocky..and ill give u my new number..so u can call anytime ur going nuts.hehe.. all the best..tc
awww~ phoenix rise-chan is in Mumbai!! ^^
pls pls see her...lol
do u have to speak hindi there?
good luck poichan-chan!!!!
looking forward to ur new post...
well !!!... except for the floods, the blasts and the communal roits... its pretty nice... Mumbai is good... which part of mumbai will you be based at??
wish u a very safe trip!!!!
I love the dosa ameel around Chennai. I miss them long ago...
How's the new city?? :-)
hmmm mumbai is good.. climate and water is better too.. but there is something abt chennai.. i think its all those textile shops in T nagar..
:))
I am sure you will enjoy Mumbai. And yes, damn Alvin Toffler and the hectic pace and concrete jungles that we live in.
shyamu: shoky .. hows mumbai ?
all the best man. i'm sure u'll enjoy aamchi mumbai a lot..
Shocks dai gimme your no!.
Secondly prlly me might come pune :D..
thirdly whatever the place you will survive!!
lemme know if u need ny help.. um at bandra... u can get in touch wid me at hima.rao@gmail.com
"Mumbai is apparently one of the best cities in India. I am looking forward to this"
Wow! U comin 2 Apunka shehar??
or u already here??
GBU
Arti
its been 2 weeks poichan ^o^;;;
U too??
Mumbai's beckoning more people than I could imagine!
I knw whts it lk to start from scratch agen dude...but mumbai's a good place. It'll give us our space but won't leave us alone entirely. :) All the best to u!
Take care
Re: Tamil tutor in Chennai
Can someone recommend one to me please?
Nagsika@hotmail.com
Post a Comment